side by side tunings

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Jun 26 02:51:26 MDT 2007

Actually, as long as the P-12th thread is up again... I've found that
using 12th coincidents as your main weighting factor in a tuning lends
itself very very nicely to getting two different pianos to sound not
only wonderful individually, but as close to identical sounding note for
note as I've ever managed.

I regularly tune a Steinway C and a Yamaha CF111 together this way. With
the slightest fudging, inter-piano unisons are not noticeably different
from one another anywhere.

Cheers
RicB

    I have to tune a Walter grand and a Steinway B tomorrow in a studio.
    I use
    Tunelab. Any thoughts as to how you would go about that?
    thanks
    les bartlett