Tuning pin angle(s)

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Tue Jun 26 12:30:44 MDT 2007

Attached is a photo showing one of them. A maple strip is fitted under the felt
which raises the string to an appropriate level relative to the string coming
off of the pin.

Another option -- and this is what I most commonly do these days -- is to use a
brass half-round or half-oval along the top of the ski slope. Again, this is to
bring the string up to an appropriate level relative to the tuning pin.

Del