polishing spoons

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 05:47:13 MDT 2007

>From: "Dean May"
>
>I'll second that. I never touch a damper flange screw on worn dampers if
>there are no problems. If you tighten them or take them off and reinstall,
>the flange will likely move slightly and the grooves will no longer line up
>with the strings. The result is ringing dampers that you can spend hours
>fussing with trying to reseat the worn grooves.

okay, here comes one of my dirty ticks for field service if nothing else
helps and a damper refuses to damp: just cut the damper with a knife (i.e.
remove the damper including the wooden part) and glue it again. So you can
adjust the felt whereever you want.
Belongs in the category damper cheating  :-)

Gregor