puresound wire

vince mrykalo madvinmryk at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 13:08:45 MDT 2007

Paul,
  If you use the wire to restring a whole piano, it needs to be rescaled.  Jim Busby has the Puresound scalings for Steinway M, L, B, and 1098.  He also has it for a Baldwin L.  Otherwise, Juan Mascabre will rescale others for you .  You can get the wire through Jurgen at PianoForte Supply.

  I have used the wire several times and am completely happy with it.

  On May 1, 2007, at 9:01, Paul Dempsey wrote:
> I've seen several references to Pure Sound Stainless wire lately and
> since I am needing to re-supply my depleted wire stock soon I'm
> thinking
> I'll give it a try. I have several grands to re-string this summer.
>
> Having no experience with this wire I'm hoping several of you that have
> used it will provide me with your thoughts, experiences, results, etc.
>
> Who do you get it from, for one?
> Gauge differences?
> All info appreciated.
>
> Paul E. Dempsey, RPT

      Vince Mrykalo RPT MPT
  University of Utah

  "Minél több a változás, annál nagyobb az állandoság"

  The more I learn, the less I know.

  www.mrykalopiano.com