Tuning Pin Angle

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Wed May 2 22:57:41 MDT 2007

It's a Danair B4129, weighs probably 2 lbs, maybe 10 years old, and I haven't got the foggiest what price to put on it. Let me research it a bit. I may also retract the offer now that it's out since it might be useful in demonstrations here at the school. I'll keep you posted on my intentions.

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)

In a message dated 05/02/07 23:41:00 Central Daylight Time, rnossaman at cox.net writes:

> I did, Ron, which is why I went back to the sledge. I have typically
> drilled Steinway blocks and others like them at 4 1/2 to 5 degrees, and
> at the proper pin height end up with a take-out angle of "somewhere"
> around 88 to 89 degrees. To be honest I haven't measured it in years
> since it's gotten so consistent. The palm nailer method felt and proved
> to be too fast for my liking and for the feel of the pin entering the
> wood, efficiency aside. It's in a drawer somewhere if someone wants to
> buy it :-).
>
> Paul

What's the brand, and what'll you take. My right wrist won't
take the sledge gracefully any more, and I don't know how many
miles are left in my cheapo nailer. As long as my windage
compensation factors work, I'll get by. It *is* aggravating
though.

Ron N