charge for time?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Mon May 7 23:52:13 MDT 2007

I don't charge mileage if I can book several appointments in an area on the same day.  I try to keep my rates high enough so that I'm compensated for my drive time without having to justify extra costs to my customers.  When I start to whine about gas prices, I raise my rates.

Pianos are indeed a luxury item.  People often don't see their maintenance as a necessity.  We sure do!  Without pianos, we might have to work in cubicles.  Maybe we should charge more than electricians or plumbers....on the other hand, without the basics like power, water, and plumbing, would owning a piano be even a remote possibility for anyone?

Probable priority list for the average homeowner:

Food
Rent/mortgage
Water/Power
car
medical/dental
education
communication/media
entertainment
veterinarian
luxury items(like piano maintenance which should actually be up there in the education slot, IMHO)

Dave Stahl, RPT (I'll raise my rates a tad for uprgrading, too....:-)

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net
http://dstahlpiano.net/