charge for time?

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Tue May 8 07:14:57 MDT 2007

MessageIt's kind of you to consider if you're double-billing, but you're
not.  Maybe you're thinking of the IRS rule that says you can deduct either
actual auto expenses (tracking them all year), or the mileage, but not both.

As far as the customer goes, you're simply billing for an extra service,
just like, say, coming in on a weekend for a concert, or moving other
appointments for an emergency situation.  Think of it more like billing for
your travel time, when you could be tuning elsewhere.

You can set the rate according to whether you want out-of-town business, or
not.  I just find that mileage is an easy (and fair) concept for customers
to accept, and since I'm still growing my business, I'm not at the point of
charging for my time when I travel.

--Cy--