Lowell Component Downbearing Gauge

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue May 8 18:30:19 MDT 2007

Jim
  Well stated & right on & for me this is what the jig  veriifes for me most
of the tiem.
  Dale

If  you are going to change the bearing you would most likely do it globally(
 unless there are
vertical hitchpins throughout) and that change would be  monitored
empirically anyway, ie by ear.
So my thinking would be come up  with a way to "get a reasonable sense" of
the static downbearing
quickly  and proceed with an informed, but ear guided response.

The  big reason I see for being able to very accurately measure
after-stringing  downbearing is
to compare it to the projected board deflection you  predicted prior to
setting downbearing,  to see
it you are predicting  the affect of string loading reasonably accurately for
future  projects.

Jim I