Privately

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Sun May 13 15:36:25 MDT 2007

>From the NPR program Science Friday, with Ira Flatow, Jan 30, 1998: "Are you
one of the millions of people in the world that hear a constant ringing in
your ears? Then you'll be happy to know that researchers have figured out
where in the brain that ringing- called tinnitus - originates."

This link will take you to the second hour of that program. The tinnitus
piece is the last half hour. Very interesting listening.

http://www.sciencefriday.com/pages/1998/Jan/hour2_013098.html

I also remember hearing several stories a number of years ago about a
hearing aid kind of device that was helping Pete Townshend, (The Who), with
his tinnitus, but I could find no reference to it.

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles