tinnitus and acoustic neuromas

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Wed May 16 14:02:33 MDT 2007

Hello Chuck,

Thanks for sending the note about your personal experience with the acoustic
neuroma to pianotech.  It is so much more effective at getting the message
out when someone with the actual experience speaks up!

These are some of the issues I try to bring up in my classes on hearing at
conventions.  My first audiology professor stalked up and down the room
shouting at us "THIS is our job, you guys!  THIS is our job! ".  For it is
often the person giving the hearing test who first is alerted to the
possibility of an acoustic neuroma.

That is one of the most important reasons to get an annual hearing test (not
a SCREENING, a TEST--and most people don't know the difference between the
two.)  That is one of the topics of my talk at Kansas City:  just what
should a hearing test consist of?

Its surprising the many ways our hearing is tied up with our whole life and
health.
Kind regards,
Diane

Diane Hofstetter