tinnitus

soundsgreatmusic at sbcglobal.net soundsgreatmusic at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 16 12:53:36 MDT 2007

Dear List,
I've been reading the posts about tinnitus with great interest and I need to make you all aware of one additional possibility that many don't think about. For more than 10 years, I had been led to believe that the occasional hearing and balance anomalies I was having resulted from Menieres Disease and there was nothing really to do about it. As it turned out, it was not Menieres, but was an acoustic neuroma which had grown so large that it was no longer safe to treat it with radiation and surgery was the only option. The thought of BRAIN TUMOR was terribly frightening as was BRAIN SURGERY! I now do pretty well hearing only in mono but the nerve noise on the affected side resulting from the removal of my inner ear structure is constant...but predictable. No crickets or ringing, just hiss. Kinda like old fasioned too many generation duplication tape hiss.
Moral of the story, if you have hearing problems, see a doctor or two and check out all the possibilities.
Regards,
Chuck