Steaming out bushings

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sat May 19 15:18:35 MDT 2007

Barbara, John et al.
I have essentially the same lo-tech set up, but with the following
improvement:
I make a steamer out of two cans, one inverted and scrunched into the
bottom one.  Instead of one hole where the steam comes out, I have a 10
mm (3/8") slot across the top of the can.  I set the canister onto a
hot plate.  I can set about 6 keys on top for steaming at the same
time.  As fast as I can pull the steamed bushings out of one key using
offset forceps (tweezers), and add one new key to the ones steaming,
the next one  is ready.  Super slick,  super fast, no water (except a
bit in then bottom of the  canister of course), no soaking, no recipe
for glue remover...

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440