glue pot

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Tue May 22 12:27:07 MDT 2007

In the floral area of your local Wal-Mart they have "Potpourri Pots" for flower pedals, etc. if your into that sort of thing.  The temp is about right although I keep a lid on it at all times when I'm not currently gluing.  You can take some acetone to the sides of it to clean off the floral prints so that it looks more manly.  Next go to the sporting goods department.  You will find stainless steel camping cups that fit perfectly inside, (you will have to remove the wire handle).  Then go to the kitchen department.   You will be getting a Rubbermaid round food storage container that fits perfectly as a lid when turned upside down.  The rim fits neatly inside.  Fill the pot with a little water, (As a double broiler), and you have an instant glue pot.  Throw in a few vegetables and some rice and you have a meal for two.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

   Subject: glue pot

  I went to buy a cheap Fry Daddy at Walmart today to improvise a glue pot, but the plain round model on the shelf was not thermostatically controlled--one heat, to maintain a"perfect frying temp" which is probably 350.  Didn't sound appropriate to me.

  I'm sure others have improvised rather than spend for the glue pot.  Any ideas?

  Richard Morgan