Agraffe Counterbore Tool

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 23 21:43:01 MDT 2007

I have an Agraffe Counterbore Tool that I bought from Pianotek (#2332 pg. D-30). Below is a picture of it.

It is approximately 0.7" at the fat end of the taper and about 0.6" at the far end. The little flat end piece on the left is 1/4" thick. The Pianotek catalog instructs to use this tool by hand. I have used it that way for years and have been happy with it.

But my current project needs to have all its new agraffes ground down a fair bit. I do not relish grinding all these agraffes by hand. I would love to put this thing in some slow turning machine and grind my agraffes that way. But what machine? I wish I could chuck it into my 1/2" drill press. This thing just reeks of some special purpose to the taper, etc. - what the heck is it supposed to mount in?

Thanks for any ideas/input.

Terry Farrell

Terry Farrell
Farrell Piano