Agraffe Counterbore Tool

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Thu May 24 00:21:27 MDT 2007

In a message dated 5/23/2007 9:04:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com writes:

I wish I could chuck it into my 1/2" drill press. This thing just reeks of
some special purpose to the taper, etc. - what the heck is it supposed to mount
in?

Most likely a Morse taper. It's for mounting directly into a matching
receiver on many machine tools, like lathes and drill presses. It works well, and is
quick to get in and out. You might check to see if your drill press chuck is
mounted into the spindle this way. Mine is (Jet floor model drill press). There
are eight sizes of Morse taper, and a Jacobs taper, and some more, but the
most common one in tools of this size is the #2MT, and who knows, it might just
fit right into your drill press.

Bob Davis