another slightly off-topic question

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Thu May 31 13:47:36 MDT 2007

You're not doing a blind mailing, are you, Dean?  You're sending the
postcards to your customers and/or identified potential customers (not just
everybody in town who has an address), right?  I send out reminder
postcards, and sometimes I get great returns and sometimes I don't.  I use
earth-tone cardstock and black ink -- low cost, nice look.  I print 2/page
and keep them just inside the postcard size limit.

Maybe I need to go to more contacts/year.  You must be sending them a
non-reminder mailing at some point, if you're contacting them 2-4
times/year.  What does the non-tuning mailing say?  One thing I figured out
early is that you really can't "guilt" people into getting their pianos
tuned (not Iowans, at least), so I'm always looking for more and better ways
to remind them that it's in their own best interest.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm making lists of schools, churches, nursing
homes, etc. -- one of the good parts about being in a smaller city (~1/2 the
size of TH) is the opportunity to actually find out who's who before sending
a letter.  My new phone just arrived, so now I can safely start giving out
the number!

My new area has things like community theater, a community college, and a
new public library under construction, so I'll be dealing with a much
different population -- and I'm toying with the idea of sponsoring some sort
of regular piano program in a public space.  Obviously, I'll learn a whole
lot more once I'm actually living there.

Annie Grieshop