damper felt sizes

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 1 23:11:07 MST 2007

> The Tokiwa trichords are longer.  I have a 3rd M sitting here that Ron N. did and is awaiting refinishing and it has the longer felts.  These dampers are working very well.  I'm not sure if they are Tokiwa or?

Hi Bob, They're Tokiwa. I've been pleased with the product,
though the sets need more bichords for my stuff. <G> I'll be
augmenting the sets with extra bichord strips and cutting them
myself.

> How important is the pressure p.s.i. on the string for effective damping?

It's fairly important, as is mass. The damper fitting the
strings is the most critical.

> Which felt sets do you prefer?
>
> Bob Hull

The Tokiwa have been very nice, uniform, and dependable. As
long as that remains the case. I'll likely stick with them.
Ron N