Bridles

Gary Fluke gary.fluke at verizon.net
Fri Nov 2 10:10:58 MST 2007

Mike,

I don't know what color the cord was when the affected Yamaha pianos were new.  I can tell you that on the ones I have repaired the cord is brown.  I just looked at another Yamaha console yesterday and it was built in the U.S. in 1984.  Sure enough, there was one hammer spring that had broken through the cord and all of the cords were brown.  Someone bought the piano, likely unaware of the looming repair bill.

Gary Fluke
Snohomish, WA