Bridles

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 06:42:26 MST 2007

On 11/2/07, John Delacour <JD at pianomaker.co.uk> wrote:

> At 19:11 -0700 1/11/07, you wrote:
>
> >All the time...they will supply the cord...;-]   I'd add, that 25+
> >years is pretty good service for any part...
>
> What?!! Are you talking about cars or pianos?  I expect to find a few
> broken cord loops on a 100 year old piano if it has suffered a lot of
> damp (which will ultimately rot the silk) but if they had had
> polyester cord in those days I'd expect them to last for 200 years.
>
> JD

I have 4 Yamaha P-22's some of the first out of the Thomaston plant, all in
the same school district, would they be included? I haven't had the
problem(yet), several U-1's in another school from the 90's. Various aged
P-22's scattered around.

Not to mention about 100 or more Yamaha consoles sold in this area, that I
service and probably a few hundred more serviced by others.
Anybody have a guess on time frame of when the bad was used and when it
stopped being used?

Mike

--
The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com