Duluth tool bags--Arrived !

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 06:45:15 MST 2007

On 11/4/07, tom <tomtuner at verizon.net> wrote:

> @ptg.org] On Behalf Of Hechler Family
> Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 7:59 PM
> To: Pianotech List
> Subject: Re: Duluth tool bags--Arrived !
>
> Now, how long have you been an RPT ?
>
> Wouldn't years of experience tell you what to put in the tuning kit ?
>
> I'm NOT an RPT, just a lowly, untrained, by the guild standards,
> Associate and I even know the answer to this !
>

> --
> Duaine Hechler
>
> Mr. Hechler,
> `       I'm not sure that I understand your questions.
>        Personally, my practices and techniques are continually evolving.
>        In the past I would rather lug a heavy tool kit to the piano than
> be without a particular tool or supply.
>        My years of experience--however modest the accomplishments may have
> been--and my body tell me to lighten up on the kit.
>        Trained-untrained, RPT or Associate is irrelevant.
>        I suspect that no two technicians will have identical tuning kits.
> Since you know the answer as to what goes in a tuning kit I suggest that
> you
> post a list of tools or a picture to help us out.
>        Tom Driscoll RPT since 1979 FYI

Well said Tom,

I am constantly changing the tools I carry in my big house bag as my needs
change and my customer list evolves. Ultimately I would love to be as sure
of myself about everything as Duaine but after 38 years in the biz
it appears I will continue to evolve and learn as I always have.
Mike

--
The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com