1939 Steinway wippens

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Wed Nov 7 08:50:14 MST 2007

David,
    Is it also your opinion to replace all parts on a teflon action? The
hammers and knuckles are worn but the wippens seem good. There are no
clicks in the action at all. I would have to replace the drop screw
buckskin though. All the buckskin is lousy in this action. I'll be
replacing shanks and flanges with hammers so that takes care of the
knuckle. I'll also replace the backchecks but it seems like I could get
away with only the buckskin piece on the wippen. What say you?

appreciatively,

Greg Newell