New Stein. A loose hammer flanges

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Nov 7 11:17:14 MST 2007

In my (probably biased) view, the zero friction Steinway is recommending
now is their new Teflon.  In about 12 years they'll quit recommending
it.  To get the repetition lever spring adjusted exactly (support the
hammer but not make it jumpy) without an adjustment screw is too time
consuming to contemplate.

On the warranty, I'd tell the customer that in my opinion it is a
warranty issue and have them contact the store or Steinway & Sons.  They
are the principals in that fight.  If you try to referee it you could
get on the bad side of both the customer and the store.  When the
customer and the store finish their fight you can go back to being the
good guy.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu