Cracked Apron Question and Serial# Help

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 08:52:05 MST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 8:55 AM, Joe And Penny Goss <imatunr at srvinet.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> The apron will not move much as it is held in place by 30+ bridge pins.
> Joe Goss RPT
> Mother Goose Tools
> imatunr at srvinet.com
> www.mothergoosetools.com

Hi Julia,
Mike S has the right idea, checking for the screws through sounding
board buttons. Once removed however it isn't all that important to
remove all of the old glue since I would strongly suggest regluing it
with hide glue, which is what it undoubtedly was glued on with in the
first place. Since hide glue has the ability to adhere to itself it
saves you a ton of work trying to remove all of the old glue and have
a clean wood surface for Titebond. I have reglued , bridges and aprons
many times with hide glue and it is my glue of choice on old uprights
and old pianos in general in many circumstances.

Mike

--
Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking
both directions anyway.
email mike at ifixpianos.com