The Duplex affect --an experiment

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 08:31:07 MST 2007

Hi David
  Yes we did pluck most all the notes starting in the speaking lengths  &
then the rear length.  The tuning  was quite good. No doubt  the closer it's
tuned the greater the affect but our discussion was not  advocatiing any attempts
to tune them more closely rather it was the opposite  which would be to ....
Leave them be & they'll find there own  level.
 Dale

. duplex or backscale  area is an area that can and does respond
sympathetically.   The  question of whether it’s important that it’s tuned or not is
another  matter.  Did you happen to test whether or not they were tuned?

David  Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com
-----Original  Message