The Duplex affect --an experiment

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Nov 16 07:24:33 MST 2007

I guess the question is whether those differences are attributable to the
duplex.  There are a variety of other factors that can contribute to tone in
that region, hammer, bridge, soundboard response, front duplex, strike point
or any combination.  I see many differences in tonal response in the capo
section of Steinways and most of it, I would say, would not be attributable
to tuned or untuned duplexes.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com