New size earplugs

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 14:27:56 MST 2007

On 11/19/07, Porritt, David <dporritt at mail.smu.edu> wrote:

> Actually the "chemistry" of your ear causes the soft material Etymotic
> uses to shrink.  After spending the money to get several new ones made,
> I had my audiologist make me some from harder hearing aid type material
> and I've had them for many years.

I'd wager my ear chemistry is particularly funky.  But, I doubt anyone
is interested in hearing about that. <g>

I think we're talking about the same thing.  (The harder type
material.)  They were made by Westone.  I got the mold stuff injected
in the ear, and it was then that I found out where the "coughing"
nerve was.  That's a weird feeling.

It's like Conrad was saying...they don't "seal" the ear canal as well
anymore.  They do pretty well still, but sometimes I feel they have
moved by the end of a tuning.  It's easy to reach up to seal them
again.  Nevertheless, I'll try the cheaper ones to see how they work.
If they don't work well, I'll immediately get some new ones from the
audiologist.  Good ear plugs are essential, IMO.

--
JF

www.formsma.blogspot.com