Sympathetic Vibration

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 12:18:29 MST 2007

Arlie  writes:

<< Just wondering whether any of
you have noticed strange vibrations associated with Yamaha pianos.
I've tuned quite a few, and I've never noticed anything strange
typical of that brand and especially difficult to trace. >>

Oh yes.  The V-pro plates often have very noticeable "gong" sound to them.  I
tune several in recording studios that have a pronouced plate ring in the 5th
octave.  I think it may be one of those things that goes unnoticed until it
is pointed out, and then, that is all you can hear.  (I don't mention it to the
engineers).
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com</HTML>