Kranich and Bach Action pictures

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Nov 27 17:14:11 MST 2007

A local used piano dealer just got in this Kranich and Bach circa 1885. Even
with dead strings it has a very nice tone, plus a gorgeous cabinet with
ornate legs. It's about a six footer. The biggest problem is the action
needs a lot of help. As you can see from the picture the capstans nearly
miss the whippen heel.

I've never done an action geometry redesign but this may be a good candidate
for me to learn on. If I am going to relocate the capstans might as well try
to make as much right as I can. I'm thinking it might be better to try to
use a more modern whippen.

Any comments or help appreciated as always.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802