RCT vs Tune Lab

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Nov 30 10:46:56 MST 2007

Dean.

The two programs use a pretty different approach.  That said... I find
Tune Lab better simply because it rather forces me to think more about
the tuning I'm setting up then RCT does.  That perhaps is a personal
perception... but it is mine non the less.  As for following any given
frequency with any given degree of accuracy... they are for all possible
practical purposes identical.

I too found the copy protection schemes of RCT in the end to be too
demanding.  And I appreciate the confidence in the users that Bob shows
by being much more user friendly in this regard.  It has FWIW led me to
spread well over a hundred copies of his shareware version he
distributes on CD around and that has no doubt resulted in at least more
then a few sales for him.

btw...  I know a few youngsters whom all say they are capable of
wrecking practically any protection scheme out there and its their
opinion that any program that hasnt gotten  hacked within a few months
of being made available simply isnt worth hacking.  I dont know if its
true or not... but it would seem to me that the odds of any tuning
program needing more then a modest protection scheme like Bobs are
rather low.

Cheers
RicB