Hoisting pianos

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Sep 1 09:18:44 MDT 2007

> Terry,
>         I thought of that but no one around is old enough to have seen
> it go up. :-(
> The contractor/parishioner will be poking through the ceiling plaster to
> install either a hook or a beam clamp and the rest is up to me. I like
> the idea of this challenge but perhaps what I'm thinking of is not the
> only way. Thanks for the reply!
>
> Greg Newell

It likely went up before something was built, a glass wall,
perhaps, or a repositioned stairway, that precludes it coming
down the same way.

The hook thing worries me some. Will it be high enough to
allow some lateral swing when the piano is as high as it needs
to be to clear the wall/railing? Getting it up is less than
half the problem.
Ron N