Piano dolly

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Sep 1 09:30:32 MDT 2007

> On P22s I’ve found it easier to just lift one end of the piano onto one
> dolly, position it put the screws in the back, then lift the other end
> on the dolly and do the same.  If you really want to put the bolts
> through the bottom board you have to tip it, but I’ve put a lot of
> dollies on by myself with the only screws in the back.
>
> dp

I like screws in the bottom too. I pre-drill whatever screw
holes I need in the dolly, then get them under the piano and
screwed to the back just like this. Then the piano goes up on
it's end (bottom corner) with a padded block catching it just
past the balance point, so I can put the screws in the bottom.
Being close to the balance point, I can pull it back to me,
catch it as it comes down, and set it back down on the floor
on it's new dolly. You couldn't pay me to try this with a
tilter and six helpers, but I can do the job by myself this way.
Ron N