Hoisting pianos

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 2 03:04:32 MDT 2007

I think he means the technique by which one jacks a large object up at three
or four points maybe four inches or so at a time and shoves a 4x4 timber in
place after each jacking session.

I have used this method several times over the years to jack a 6,000 lb.
sailboat up about three to four feet off the ground so that I could back a
trailer under it and its cradle. Cradle is supported at four points. Jack
one corner up four inches with a little hydraulic car jack (or really any
jack you can get under there), shove a 4x4 under it, take jack out. Move on
to next corner. Repeat. Repeat this procedure about 50+ times and you are
there! I have done this completely unassisted.

However, I'm not sure how this method would work jacking something up to a
second story! Hmmmmmm, don't think so. Maybe he was thinking of something

Terry Farrell