Hoisting pianos

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 09:28:39 MDT 2007

Cribbing is the term applied to wood or steel beams that are placed under
the object to be moved after the jacks have lifted the object to a certain
height to allow for the placement of the cribbing. Then repeated until you
get the object to the height desired. I've looked for examples on the
internet but so far no pictures of extreme heights objects have been lifted
to. Yes I imagine it would be a lot of work, but is quite safe when proper
materials and techniques are used. That's why I suggested you ask a house
mover about using that technique.
Joseph Alkana RPT