Hoisting pianos

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 07:03:12 MDT 2007

Yeah, but try to picture it. You've got this 5' x 5' square stack of 4x4s
going from the floor to a height of maybe 15 or 18 feet. Then you've got
another stack of 4x4s going from the floor of the balcony to a height of 4
feet or so. Each stack has five feet or more of space between them.

Sure, just lay down some long 4x4s or 6x6s or whatever it takes and maybe
wheel the piano across. Would YOU get up there and wheel the piano way up in
the air like that? Maybe you could nail some boards to the 6x6s, raising the
edges so that you have something of a "U" channel to keep the dolly wheels
from falling off the 6x6.

I'm sure it's do-able, but gosh, actually doing it sound a bit treacherous
to me! Fun to watch though! Kinda like going to a stock car race to watch
the accidents......

Terry Farrell