Tuning pin drilling?

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 07:35:57 MDT 2007

Really? WOW Dave, I'll let Trix give an earful about this sometime.  Dont'
get her started!!

   We've found the opposite. The Denro pins are undersized of a  true
advertised sizes of .282.--.286 etc.  Usually 1 to 3 thous.  under. ie..the denros
listed as 286s are usually predominantly .284 with  some fatter & thinner.
  We have often mic,d entire sets & put the smaller pins in  the treble &
thicker in bass. Diamond seems to run closer to  the  correct no.s but still with
variance.  This is only more critical I think  when repinning an exsiting
block.
  Oh yes.  As to the mystery ..It's wood.  grin.
  We just got a few sets of the Beine pins from Jurgen.  Jury's  still out.
Nice looking though.
  Dale

I've  actually found the Denro pins to be more uniform than the Diamond pins.
My  guess about the mystery is that it has something to with variation in
depth  that the pins are driven.

David  Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com