cracks in rim

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Sep 7 07:45:08 MDT 2007

You take the action out, lid off and lid hinges off the rim. Stand it up on
the side as normal, then tip it on over. Make sure you have appropriate
padding in place for where it comes down.

First time I saw such cracks I realized that they make them with that way,
with the outer rim assembled at the end. That means the inner rim must be
designed to handle all the stress by itself with the outer rim serving
primarily a cosmetic function.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272