damper rod noise

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Sat Sep 8 12:34:32 MDT 2007

I recently achieved acceptable results by using Teflon powder on the felt
bushing that the metal rod passes through. I figured that since it works so
well on hammer knuckles, (wood against leather), and key bushings, (metal
against felt), why not on pedal rod bushings too? I didn't want to use
anything that was not dry in that area because it would be an invitation for
a buildup of contamination with dust etc. Anyone else ever use this? Any
idea how long it might last?

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Los Angeles

  _____