damper rod noise

David Chadwick chadwick61 at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 08:09:58 MDT 2007

Rick,
This might not be the answer but I have heard a creaking noise out of many
of the Samick made consoles. Most of the time it is the coil spring on the
trap lever the has the two little white plastic cups holding the spring in
place. I either felt the inside of the cup tighten the screws holding it in
place or just replace it with another as sometimes I find them cracked.
Other times the bottom skid board flexing when the pedal is depressed so
tilting the piano and tightening the screws is another fix.

David C.