Name that piano

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 21:37:50 MDT 2007

> I've seen that on quite a few old German makes. Perhaps the idea was to
> keep the bridge pins from splitting the cap along the grain?
>
> Jurgen Goering

That's the only thing I've ever thought of that even came
close to making any sense, but only if everyone else's bridge
caps split along the pin rows, which they did not. Checkmate.
Pretty well shoots that one in the foot. Another more bizarre
possibility is that Knabe scored a whole lot of someone else's
production cut-offs really really cheaply, and decided they
would make good bridge caps by the shipload in spite of their
short lengths of they were angled - so. This is just perverse
enough to appeal to me, but it's tough to picture this
happening on a corporate level, so I'm reluctantly back to
baffled.

Ron N