1963 Mason & Hamlin console question

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:29:14 MDT 2007

Hello all,

although I have not seen this piano in person yet, I'm told by a fellow tech
that M&H uprights from about the 50's to early-mid 60's usually had *all*
plastic flanges in the action! Does anyone here agree with this? I thought
M&S was on par with Steinway for qualtiy, but maybe that only holds true for
the Grands, and not the verticals. Appreciate any feedback on this matter
asap. Thanks!

Terry Peterson