Quality of tie tapes/bridle straps

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 18:02:04 MDT 2007

On 9/11/07, J Patrick Draine <jpdraine at gmail.com> wrote:

> John, All I can offer is that my web based email, GMail from Google, has a
> sidebar list of advertisers keyed to the content of the message being read.
> The following link lists cotton bridle tape <http://www.waynemills.com/cottontapes.html>,
> but it's not "our" variety -- it's 1" wide! Perhaps an inquiry to them via
> email could help your search. Or further Google searches will do the trick?
> BTW, who is supplying suede tipped (piano action) bridle straps these days?
> Patrick Draine
>
> On 9/11/07, John Delacour <JD at pianomaker.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > Ever since I ran out of a 100 metre reel of tie tape and discovered to
> > my horror that I could get no more, I have been searching in vain for a
> > supplier of the good stuff.

Am I missing something? Who said bridle straps/tapes were supposed to last
forever? That's why replacements are available, it's not a difficult job, it
pays OK, It's a part of the normal wear of the piano!
Where else can you pay $3 to $4000 for a decent vertical a few more thousand
for a better one and have it last long enough to give to your grandchildren
and they to theirs? So replacing some parts in the interim should be
expected!

Mike
--
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life
as a continuous learning experience.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404