CER Seminar 2007

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Wed Sep 12 06:05:52 MDT 2007

For those who may be interested:

For any technicians interested in the Central East Regional Seminar, we have
extended the early Registration date (a $25 discount) to September 28.  We
have a good showing so far but we haven't reached our capacity yet.
Remember, we have two great day long programs with PTG's finest:  Kawai's
representative, Don Mannino RPT and the most highly coveted lecturer of all,
Del Fandrich RPT.  These presentations weren't offered at the recent PTG
Annual Convention in Kansas City, so now is your chance to take in the very
best that PTG has to offer!

There is plenty more to partake of as well.  Get hands on instruction with
the ETD manufacturer of your choice or compare them all to make your
decision as to which one suits you best.  Learn advanced grand regulation
concepts from Keith Aikens RPT.  Boost your business and personal life with
Jim Cox RPT. Discover what went into the design and construction of both
Walter grand pianos from the designer himself, Del Fandrich in a separate
bonus session open to all registrants.

Joe Goss RPT will show you how to mend a split bridge and handle the
difficult task or removal and replacement of a Baldwin Acrosonic spinet
quickly and efficiently.

Attend the Associate day to see and practice hands on with a host of
talented instructors:  Jim Geiger RPT,
Paul Revenko-Jones RPT (Director of the Chicago School of Piano Technology),
Golden Hammer Award winner Ben McKlveen RPT and University of Wisconsin
School of Music head technician, Baoli Liu RPT.  Yours truly, Bill Bremmer
RPT will personally instruct you on how to pass Part 1 of the PTG Tuning
Exam, even if you think you can't hear beats!

If you're interested in Harpsichord repair and regulation and Historical
Temperament tuning of modern pianos, one of Madison's long held traditions,
we've got that too.  UW Platteville technician, Margaret Hood will instruct
you on Harpsichord repair and regulation.  Historical Temperament pioneer,
Timothy Farley RPT will expand your mind and your earning potential with
alternative ways to tune the pianos you service.

A new company, FlugelBauer will present an array of amazing new tools which
you can use to jobs you struggled with before and which you can buy on the
spot.  Dean Garten RPT will show you how to use them.

Learn inside information about the types and characteristics of woods and
adhesives on the Forest Products Laboratory tour.

Attend a Friday evening concert of the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra featuring
the Ravel Piano Concerto performed on a restored Steinway Model D (by
Timothy Farley RPT), tuned in an Historical Temperament.  You won't find
that opportunity nearly anywhere else!

If you can only attend one day of the seminar, you can register for that day
alone and pay the one day rate.

Don't delay and miss a great opportunity of learning and fellowship with
fine meals served, all included with your registration at a splendid
downtown hotel with free parking.

You may register online at: http://www.ptg.org/cers/ or call the PTG Home
Office and speak to Sandy Roady at 913-432-9975.

Questions or special requests may be directed to Bill Bremmer RPT at
Billbrpt at aol.com or by calling 608-238-8400.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks,