lyre problem

David Chadwick chadwick61 at cox.net
Thu Sep 13 09:14:53 MDT 2007

John,
On the smaller grands I have had to use the rail cover on the player system
to secure the lyre supports to. Usually I'll use the hardwood lever mounting
blocks that are removed when the system is installed. Find the appropriate
angle for the support rods, drill or chisel whatever holes needed to accept
the rod and shorten the rod length. I fasten the mounting blocks to the rail
cover with liquid nails and screws cut to length so their just enough thread
into the sheet metal cover. If there is enough room I'll install a
adjustment screw inside the block to adjust for looseness as time and wear
necessitates.  Hope this helps.

David C.