Quality of tie tapes/bridle straps

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 12:55:12 MDT 2007

I visited the Herrberger Brooks factory in Nottingham circa 1993 and they
were using a "similar" tape. They would make up an action and keyboard to
suit your own design, very handy for replacing plastic actions! If they
liked the look of you they were a source for free piles of action cloth and
felt offcuts.It was very interesting to see the vast acreages of timber
drying yards required and to watch the machines  bedding in the new actions.
I think it took about a week to bed in an action properly before they could
be regulated.The works have now been taken over by Renner, if I remember
rightly.

AF