Quality of tie tapes/bridle straps

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 16:03:50 MDT 2007

At 19:55 +0100 14/9/07, alan forsyth wrote:

>I visited the Herrberger Brooks factory in Nottingham......The works
>have now been taken over by Renner, if I remember rightly.

They were first bought by a firm in HongKong, I think; then reborn as
Langer Actions after a management buy-out.  A Chinese concern then
bought the whole thing and carted all the machines etc. off to China
finally last year.  Many of the machines were from the Paris factory,
surviving from the original firm of Herrburger-Schwander, whose
actions were second to none.

JD