Strings and sealing wax, and other fancy stuph

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Sep 14 21:19:07 MDT 2007

> I charge extra for those pianos with ultra-flex pins.   I'm fed up with
> the Chinese jamming the pins in with no consideration to how they feel.
> Sometimes I wonder if they save the good feeling blocks for Chinese
> customers and send the crap to the USA.
>
> Bob Maret, RPT

Concept alert! With no consideration, etc, how would they
differentiate feel for targeting differences in same for
specific markets????? Doesn't compute.

Lack of consideration, from lack of discernment, from lack of
understanding or concern, I can correlate to what I see in the
product. Running the program, following the checklist, without
responsibility for the outcome. It's more and more becoming
the model.

When it's a fundamental approach to something, it can't cost
anything substantial in materials and processes to make it
functional within a set of conscious criteria than to just
make it with none apparent. At least, it shouldn't be in a
world of conscious individuals. Perhaps that's the root of the
problem.

So, back to earth, how do you break the news to the owner that
their piano is the Antichrist, and you'll be charging more for
the inconvenience than you quoted when you made the
appointment? This could prove to be valuable.
Ron N