Self made belt sander belts

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Sep 15 19:39:04 MDT 2007

Subject: Re: Self made belt sander belts

>I can't see why you couldn't use C/A glue.
> Copy the size, and angle of the cut. The overlap correctly. Clean off the
> grit on the overlap, and voila, it should work.
> Ok, the first couple might fly apart. But with a couple of tries, you
> should have it down pat.
> Good luck.
> John M. Ross
> Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

    John,
    I'm Mr. C.A. but I'd stand back from any such experiments. You may be
correct, but if the thing comes apart with your hand near the belt it could
be hazardous.
    In another life I was a grinder-finisher in a sheetmetal shop and got a
decent laceration from a runaway belt.

    Just an opinion
Best wishes,
    Tom Driscoll