Dust collectors

Bill Costanzo pnotuner at rochester.rr.com
Sat Sep 15 10:14:28 MDT 2007

I too have been researching a new dust collection system. I currently have a
Penn State 1.5 hp DC that works pretty well. But since I have developed some
respiratory problems in my advancing years;-) I’ve decided to upgrade. The
Bill Pentz site has an enormous amount of information, and is a good first
step in your research. And he has a design for a system which ultimately is
the Clearvue cyclone. Since he's promoting the Clearvue and it's his design,
I'm slightly skeptical in believing everything he says however everyone does
seem to be raving about it.

As part of my research I also talked to an engineer from Oneida and am
equally impressed with there systems.

He pointed me to a page on their site that compares the two and it's worth
looking at (fit and finish says a lot):

http://72.167.35.138/oneida_advantages/photo%20comparison%20oneida%20and%20c
learvue%205-07.php

Another thing that I considered is that the Clearvue is a barebones kit. You
need to buy the electrical components and the filters from other suppliers
and assemble the thing, which looks like no small task.

I plan to make a decision soon, I'll post again when I do.

Good luck

Bill Costanzo