Overseas employment

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 19:42:58 MDT 2007

Durrrr.  I see you've already scoped out the orgs on the ptg site.  Um,, yeah,,, What David said.
                Michael C. Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:36:29 -0700From: welltemperedtuning at yahoo.comSubject: Overseas employmentTo: pianotech at ptg.org

Hello all,If a tuner from a foreign country asked me for advice on becoming established in the US, I would have no great advice for him or her. It is hard enough establishing oneself in their native country.My wife holds a masters in Opera Performance and she and I have long shared the dream of living in Europe: France, Italy, or Spain. I speak French, she speaks Spanish, and Italy would be good for Opera.I have spent some time at the websites for the organizations equivalent to PTG for these countries, but don't know the next step. I would love to hear any thoughts on the prospect of seeking international employment as a piano technician. These might be specific or general suggestions.I am 2/3 to my RPT and assume achieving RPT status would be helpful in applying for any university or major music center employment. This move would be a few years off, but just getting my feet wet here.Thanks!Greg

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.