Impact tuning hammers

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:58:03 MDT 2007

As others have said, the Reyburn CyberHammer is good. I use mine
almost all the time, and I recommend it.

Having said that, one can also get similar function from an impact
motion with a regular lever.  All it takes is bumping the end of the
lever with the palm, or whatever part of the hand feels right. This
works well for me, but my shoulder gets a little tired from holding
the hand up at that height. Not sore, but a little tired.

One thing about the RCH is that you can't feel the pins move as with a
traditional lever.  It's something that you don't really need to feel
to tune well with it, but I still want to. <g>

JF